Speaker at Regional Arts Education Day, October 8, 2018
The proposal for a Regional Arts Education Day (RAED) concurrent session has been chosen for inclusion in the program!
Presenter: Mark Rauterkus
- Affiliation: The Pittsburgh Project, SKWIM USA, and CLOH.org
- Title of session: Technology and art in our swimming programs
- Description: We’ve been using digital badges and blended learning at the swimming pool — flipping the learning with
the kids with stroke and water safety insights delivered via Android Tablets. However, in the pool we get to
work on teamwork and sportsmanship with games of SKWIM, a disk-based game that engages students
and adult leaders.
- Participants take away: How to hook up purpose and play with field trips to swim pools, a regular summer experience for all sorts of camps. As a bonus, we’ve created a few larger mural / art works that have been displayed at Art All Night
for the past few years. Our literacy, wiki, A for Athlete project is well documented and simply duplicated /
Insights on the educational speaking engagement
- Monday, October 8, 2018, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
- Location to be announced soon. Working toward securing Pittsburgh Public Schools Classical Academy/Greenway, located at 1400 Crucible Street, Pittsburgh.
- Sessions are during two time slots: 10:45 AM – 12:00 PM and 1:45 PM – 3:00 PM. Should have time to answer participant questions, engage in more activity.
Jamie Kasper (she/her), Associate Director, Arts Education Collaborative, Three Gateway Center, 401 Liberty Avenue, Suite 1965 Pittsburgh, PA 15222 — p: 412.397.8277 f: 412.201.7401 kasperj -at- artsedcollaborative -dot- org, Twitter: @ArtsEdCollab