The proposal for a Regional Arts Education Day (RAED) concurrent session has been chosen for inclusion in the program!
Presenter: Mark Rauterkus
- Affiliation: The Pittsburgh Project, SKWIM USA, and CLOH.org
- Title of session: Technology and art in our swimming programs
- Description: We’ve been using digital badges and blended learning at the swimming pool — flipping the learning withthe kids with stroke and water safety insights delivered via Android Tablets. However, in the pool we get towork on teamwork and sportsmanship with games of SKWIM, a disk-based game that engages studentsand adult leaders.
- Participants take away: How to hook up purpose and play with field trips to swim pools, a regular summer experience for all sorts of camps. As a bonus, we’ve created a few larger mural / art works that have been displayed at Art All Nightfor the past few years. Our literacy, wiki, A for Athlete project is well documented and simply duplicated /replicated.
Insights on the educational speaking engagement
- Monday, October 8, 2018, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
- Location to be announced soon. Working toward securing Pittsburgh Public Schools Classical Academy/Greenway, located at 1400 Crucible Street, Pittsburgh.
- Sessions are during two time slots: 10:45 AM – 12:00 PM and 1:45 PM – 3:00 PM. Should have time to answer participant questions, engage in more activity.
Jamie Kasper (she/her), Associate Director, Arts Education Collaborative, Three Gateway Center, 401 Liberty Avenue, Suite 1965 Pittsburgh, PA 15222 — p: 412.397.8277 f: 412.201.7401 kasperj -at- artsedcollaborative -dot- org, Twitter: @ArtsEdCollab